BOOK SPOTLIGHT~A LUCKY SECOND CHANCE by Nickie Seidler
Title: A Lucky Second Chance
Author: Nickie Seidler
Blurb:
What do you do when life doesn't go as planned?
Nobody plans to be abused. Emma Dunn certainly didn't. When life with her fiancé takes a terrifying turn, she flees to her hometown of Chicago without looking back, and her brother Kevin takes her in. Life is slowly getting better for Emma, thanks in no small part to real-life Prince Charming, Nathan Weber. He sweeps her off her feet, almost literally, and dotes on her from day one.
But when the unexpected happens and their pasts catch up with them, can their fairy tale still have a happy ending? Even the strongest can break. Love has the power to consume, but it also has the power to break. Will her past prevent her from moving on with her future or will it come back and ruin everything she's worked so hard to forget….
A Lucky Second Chance takes you on a journey of self discovery, while providing plenty of twists, intrigue and an intense love, that will capture your heart.
REVIEW
Emma returned to home Chicago after leaving an abusive relationship, to start rebuilding her life.
After a few weeks back she lands a job with the help of her loving and supporting brother Kevin. On her first day at work she dumps in Nate "Mr Wonderful"
"Looking down at his hand, I saw no wedding band.My eyes lit up, and a satisfied smile forced its way out from deep within me. I was like a kid in a candy shop. Holy hell, this guy can't be real. This feeling can't be real."~Emma
cut an extremely long story short, they get together quite quickly have a very intense relationship, their feelings are very strong for each other.
As in all textbook romance story they have to face a shit load of problems and obstacles to overcome in-order to get their happy ending.
I get the story and the very important message behind it and its one I truly respect, admire and advocate. However there was just something missing for me, I was not able to connect with the characters or some of the situations they went through.
I really like Nate he is sweet gentle and patient with Emma he treats her like a princess and show her to love by loving her the right way.
"His tall, powerful lean body made me weak in the knees."~Emma
Emma, I did not like her very much, I sympathized with the ordeals she went through but I just could not bring myself to like her that much. She cries about every little bloody thing. I didn't feel like she grew much. at 2% she was crying on her brother's shoulder and at 90% she was still doing the same thing.
I did adore her relationship with her brother they had an amazing bond.
The writing style was just not for me a bit too corny a lot of the dialogue between Emma and Nate was a bit cheesy I cringed a few times but overall I got the underline message of hope, survival, learning about yourself again and allowing love in when it seems impossible and against the odd. All you have to do the believe and anything can happen.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Born and raised in the Chicago-land area, Nickie Seidler is a up and coming young author. Her new-found dream of being a writer has led to the completion of her first book "A Lucky Second Chance". Nickie is married, and when not writing, enjoys cooking new recipes for them to try, water aerobics, car racing and spending quality time with family and friends.
Author Social Media Links:
PURCHASE LINKS


Comments
Post a Comment