REVIEW~GUARDED & DEFENSIVE By J.D. Rivera
Vanessa Smith has her heart guarded. She’s been married to a man that sleeps around and has made her think she’s ugly and undeserving. Everything changes when she is knocked down by the famous basketball player, Jackson Berrios. A friendship ensues and everything she thought she knew about men turns out to be wrong.
Jackson Berrios was out for a run in a new city when he made contact with the beautiful Vanessa Smith. He instantly knew she was different from most girls but can he make her see that he’s different from her cheating husband?
Jackson Berrios was out for a run in a new city when he made contact with the beautiful Vanessa Smith. He instantly knew she was different from most girls but can he make her see that he’s different from her cheating husband?
****3.5 STARS*****
This novella was OK, not much to say about it really the writing was OK but I did not care much for the storyline it left much to be desired, and where haven't I read about a cheating husband leaving the wife insecure and scared to trust or love again? as I said OK I flowed well and had the right emotions in the right places. overall a very pleasant read. The cover is just so beautiful, I love it
A good intro to a new series. I will be reading the follow up book because I quite like the main characters and I would like to see how their story develops.
3.5/5 Stars From Natasha (Scandalous Book Blog Sept 2013)

Guarded is #FREE
Amazon/ Barnes&Noble/ iTunes
The follow-up novel to the novella Guarded
Once you find the love of your life, it’s all sunshine and roses, right?
Not for most relationships and definitely not for Vanessa Smith and Jackson Berrios.
Vanessa Smith is finally divorced from her awful ex-husband and is in a committed relationship with basketball star, Jackson Berrios.
Vanessa’s ex-husband has come back into her life just when she needs a friend. The friendship could complicate the relationship between her and Jackson. Will the couple be able to get through their pasts coming back to the surface? Can two different circumstances tear them apart or sear them together? Will they iron out their problems and have a happily ever after…?


When I read the novella Guarded (guarded 0.5 which introduced us to the main players of defensive) I was on the fence somewhat about the book I was not sure if I liked it or not but the couple Jackson and Vanessa stuck with me something about their story stayed with me until I saw this book Defensive and I knew I had to read and uncover more about them. And I'm so glad I did because I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Their story developed in such an unexpected sometimes heartbreaking and beautiful ways.
Vanessa, the young kind hearted beautiful young women. Is still having self esteem issues after her divorce from her ex husband/ childhood sweetheart.
Jackson, baseball star and Puerto Rican hottie is trying is best to show Vanessa the depths of his love for her and just how different he is form her ex but sometimes despite all the progress made, when history seems like it's repeating itself and your a defensive person your only option is to shut down and push the ones you love away.
And this is exactly what Vanessa did when she felt her ship was sinking.
Will Jackson be able to save their relationship and get it back above water?!?
I truly hope so because these two are made for each other but there is only one way to find out and that is by taking a chance on this book. Go on you know you want to one-click you wont regret it.
The writing is good and much improved from Guarded the growth in the author is evident and the story line is well taught out and executed. well done R.D. Rivera you should be proud yourself. The emotions flowed and your heart will bleed for what this couple goes through.
I would 100% recommend. 4/5 Stars (Natasha Scandalous Book Blog)
Amazon/ Barnes&Noble/ iTunes
J.D. Rivera lives in Oklahoma with her husband and two boys. Her life consists of school projects, homework, cartoon shows, and little league sports. She loves Diet Mountain Dew, the OKC Thunder, costume jewelry, the beach, and reading.
**Cover design by E.M. Tippetts**



Comments
Post a Comment