BLOG TOUR STOP~COME TO ME QUIETLY By A.L. Jackson
Title: Come To Me Quietly (The Closer to You Series, Book 1)
Author: A.L. Jackson
Release Date: January 7, 2014
Genre: New Adult Romance
Blog Tour hosted by: Shh Moms Reading, Literary Mania Reviews, and Brandee’s Book Endings
From the acclaimed bestselling author of Lost to You and When We Collide comes a new adult novel of one woman’s obsession: a man who’s as passionate as he is elusive—and as tempting as he is trouble…
Aleena Moore is content with her life. She has goals and dreams and an easy smile. She also has a secret she holds locked inside.
Jared Holt believes he doesn’t deserve to love or be loved. He destroys everything he touches. Haunted by the mistake that shattered his life, he’s fled from the memory of that pain.
Jared doesn’t know why he’s compelled to return, but finds himself drawn back to the place where it all began. The exact place where it ended. When he runs into his childhood best friend, Aleena’s older brother Christopher, he agrees to share Christopher and Aleena’s apartment while he looks for a place of his own.
Aleena is no longer the little girl Jared remembers from his past and evokes feelings in him he never wanted to feel again. Terrified of destroying her, he fights to keep her away. But her touch is something he can’t resist—the touch that sealed his fate.
Their pasts are intertwined and their futures uncertain. The only truths they know are the secrets they whisper in the night.
Come To Me Quietly is the latest Novel by A.L Jackson and the first in her Closer To You Series.
Jared Holt is a haunted man with the ghost of his past suffocating and casting a shadow of guilt and self hatred on his current life, if you can call it that. He is mealy just existing not actually living or having a life.
"My Nightmare was the worst, when the memories were so vivid, the images so graphic I was sure if I could just reach out far enough, I could stop it. Change it. Fix it."~Jared
He left his home town over six year ago never wanting to look back, but how long can a person really run before the past catch up with you and you end up right back where you started? Not long enough in Jared's case.
Jared has found himself right back in the town that holds the memories that invalids his every thought and control his actions and most pivotal his emotions.
Aleena has kept a secret in her heart for the past 6 years. She has been in love with her brother Gabe's best friend for as long as she can remember, but after a life changing incident his name is not spoken of in her household so she keeps it to herself. wondering if she will ever see him again. And if she did what would happen. Faith/ destiny is about to intervene as one night Aly get home to find a beautiful man asleep on her sofa. And finally she has an opportunity to find out.
Jared has found himself in a surprising position he taught he would never find myself ever again; back with his best friend and his little sister just one problem Aleena "his Aly" is no longer little but a beautiful grown women.
As a child he protected and cared for her in ways her own brother did not. (I don't meant this in a bad way to Gabe he is a wonderful brother to Aly but as a child just like most older brother found their younger sibling annoying Gabe was no different. He did not like Aly always tagging along with him and Jared she needed supervision and care all of which Jared always provided and convince Gabe to let her play with them.
"You were always that way... sticking up for her. Shit...I bet you you'd kick my ass if I said something bad about her."~Gabe
So now back under the same roof the sparks fly like the fourth of July between them, but Jared fight tooth and nail to keep Aly at arms length because he believes he is unworthy of her affections and he refuses to let anyone in. His mind set is that he does not deserve love and a happy ending is certainly not in his future.
"I refused to love anyone again.
I was done destroying the things that were important to me.it hurt too much when they were gone."~Jared
I love that the book has a few passage that goes back, recapping the younger years when they were growing up and showing just how close the two families were. OMG young Jered was so freaking cute you don't understand the adorable young jared completely melted my heart. He was super sweet and protected those he loved. Its also very heartbreaking to see the type of life he had compared to the one he was now living. He lost himself completely. drowned in grief and gilt.
Aly is his saving grace her kind nature and gentle touch seems to do something to him his hard and dismissive demeanour starts to all away. She reminds him of who he once were and what he can be now. Under the bad boy exterior he has a big heart and so much love to give but he just cannot see that person within himself.
"She was so beautiful it hurt to look at her. So fucking sexy, perfect and good. Like this light that shone into the blackness, lit up something in me that had been dead for so long."~Jared
Oh boy Jared had me holding my breath at times from the pain that he was causing himself and as a result Aly. He had a personal battle ranging within himself. Its clear as day he loves Aly but he has convinced himself that he just cannot go there and in turn warn Aly to keep her distance. The angst and tension was built perfectly. We can see it so clearly and understand his situation so so Gabe and Aly but he is still blinded by so much self loathing that he wants to punish himself more for his actions in the past.
"Not once had he told me, but I knew he did. I felt it, even when it clearly was something impossible for Jared to see. Something he didn't recognize himself. But I took him for what he was, this beautiful broken boy who deserved every touch I gave while I treasured every single one he returned."~Aly
I still cannot get over how much this man hates himself his self loathing is palatable it just spewed from the pages you actual fell it. I really wanted to grab him and shake him to stop this madness he fells about himself he has this beautiful women who is trying to love him and show him the road to redemption but he is so damn resistant it almost killed me as well as him
"And I was going to remember her just like that, fucking broken, the spoils of my ruin.
Because this was what I did.
I ruined everything I touched."
"I'd thought it was impossible to hate myself more than I already did. But I realised now, I hadn't even begun."~Jared
Come to me quietly has it all, from the very first page I was engrossed in this story the descriptions acted like a hologram projecting the action around me as the story unfolds. I devoured the entire book in only a few short hours I just could not put it down or even look away from my kindle.
This book is amazing, simply AMAZING, the writing and flow is exceptional and beautiful. Amy has accomplished some thing truly phenomenal her talent never seize to amaze me each one of her books are like a work of art special and beautiful in their own right.
I view writing as an art form always have and always will and to me Amy Jackson would be like Picasso, I swear to you the emotions this women can invoke is incredible my chest get so filled with I can't even put it into words that feeling is the reason why I read not all book produced that level of intense feeling but when it happens like with Come To Me Quietly its just extraordinary (Like a hight better than what any drug can provide) it makes reading some of the trash I have to as a reviewer worth while.
Come to me quietly is a story that holds its own it does not need all these craziness that has become the norm these days this book has real substance that shine among the rest like a super nova combusting in the skies above.
Now that Jared has stopped running I cannot wait for the next book to see him face his past demons head on with the love of his life behind him giving him the support and love he needs to face up to the things he spent years running from.
I love Aly she is is fantastic, strong, resilient, she loves Jared unconditional she gets him on a level no one else does. when he is weak she is strong for him and reinforces positive thoughts about himself. I love a strong brave female lead and Aleene Moore is certainly that.
"You were my first crush.... And my only love....I've been waiting for you my whole life"~Aly
Come To Me Quietly is above and beyond a five star for me. It's simply perfection that I recommend everyone to read If your not familiar with Ms Jacksons work this is a brilliant book to start with because its a little less intense and a bit more cheerful than her previous works.
Come To Me Quietly has set the bar for my future reads of 2014.
Amazon † B&N † IndieBound †
A.L. Jackson is the New York Times bestselling author of Take This Regret and Lost to You, as well as other contemporary romance titles, including Pulled and When We Collide.
She first found a love for writing during her days as a young mother and college student. She filled the journals she carried with short stories and poems used as an emotional outlet for the difficulties and joys she found in day-to-day life.
Years later, she shared a short story she’d been working on with her two closest friends and, with their encouragement, this story became her first full length novel. A.L. now spends her days writing in Southern Arizona where she lives with her husband and three children. Her favorite pastime is spending time with the ones she loves.
Coming Soon!!!!
Be sure to enter the COME TO
ME QUIETLY Blog Tour Giveaway!!
Grand
Prize: A.L.
Jackson Complete Signed Paperback Collection (all six titles) + Come To Me
Quietly Poster and swag
Second
Prize: Come
To Me Quietly Collection, which includes a signed copy of Come To Me Quietly, a
Come To Me Quietly poster, keychain, and custom bookmark
Third
Prize: A.L.
Jackson Fun Pack stuffed full of A.L. Jackson book swag
Fourth
Prize: Audiobook
Gift Set from Audible.com of The Regret Series (Lost To You, Take This Regret
& If Forever Comes)
And don’t miss the DAILY blog tour giveaways on A.L. Jackson’s Facebook accounts! All kinds of fun stuff will be given away ~ ebooks, gift cards, and much more! EVERY DAY from January 7th – February 7th!!
Title: Come To Me Softly (The Closer to You Series, Book 2)
Author: A.L. Jackson
Expected Release Date: Summer 2014
Genre: New Adult Romance
From the New York Times bestselling author of Come to Me Quietly comes
a scorching new adult romance in the Closer to You series.
A second chance at life…
A second chance at love…
Jared Holt never thought he deserved either—until he found both in the arms of Aly Moore. Aly has loved Jared for as long as she can remember, and she’s more than ready for the future they’re making together. But Jared can’t help remembering his own family. And he’ll never forgive himself for what happened to them. How can he allow himself the very happiness he once destroyed? To live a life worthy of Aly, Jared knows he has to stop running and finally put his past to rest. But when he decides to face his demons head on, he encounters more than he bargained for: a dangerous mix of jealousy, lies, and dishonest intentions. When those intentions threaten Aly, Jared loses all control, giving into the rage that earned him his bad boy reputation years before. And he’ll fight to protect her no matter what it costs…even if he destroys himself in the process.
I gasped when strong. arms wrapped around me from behind. Then I melted when he buried his face in my neck. Jared spun me around and pressed me up against the cool metal of my car door. His hands were on my face, in my hair, slipping down my sides before he brought them back up to force me to look at him. “Thank you.” Desperation poured from him, his hold increasing as he stared down at the shock I felt lining my face. “Thank you for fucking believing in me, Aly. For getting me.” Fear lashed across his face. Or maybe it was remorse. He swallowed hard, his voice hardened with strain. “I’m scared to think of where I’d be right now without you.” That fear that had flashed on his face coiled in my stomach. Because I didn’t know where he’d been. Had no idea where the last three months had taken him. How far. How low. I wasn’t sure I wanted to know. “You’re here with me now.” I had to believe that was all that mattered. He grimaced. Gripping my face, he leaned down and kissed me, hard and demanding. There was no soft affection, none of the playfulness from upstairs. This was a seal. A branding. He jerked back. A storm raged in the blue of his eyes. “Don’t think I can’t see all those questions burning in your mind, Aly. And I may not have all the answers right now, but we are going to figure this out. Do you understand me? I promise you that.” And I saw it all there, the torment that plagued Jared, this beautiful man who had lost his way, the one desperate to find his way home.




















Comments
Post a Comment