BLOG TOUR STOP~EMBRACE by S.E Hall
Synopsis:
Evan Allen is a handsome, athletic, southern gentleman who now attends Georgia Southern University for no good reason.
After what he expected to be the romantic gesture of the century, Evan is looking at no friends, a year of ineligibility on the football team, and no girl.
He's starting over alone and doesn't know quite how to proceed. Certain members of The Crew refuse to let him face things by himself, taking him under their wing, and it doesn't take the ladies long to notice him, either.
Sometimes life doesn't go as you had planned. Sometimes it goes better.
Embrace it.
Embrace, the second book in the Evolve Series by S.E. Hall, follows the characters from her debut New Adult romance, Emerge
REVIEW
This is a brilliant second instalment, it picks up right where Emerge finished with Evan's POV. He is completely devastated about the lost of what he had with Laney I felt his heart break and shattered as he struggles to adjust to his new life at Southern.
Swayer (Love him) has sort of taken Even under his wings trying together this mind of Laney.
Swayer gives him the low down on the local girls including Whitley who just happens to be hanging around not wanted as usual Swayer warns him to stay away from her branding her crazy and clingy, however after bumping into each ther at a party, they just simply hit it off. They have found a kindred spirit in each other; the rejects and underdogs.
At first I did not like this pairing I taught typical the one person Laney hates......But then the story unfolded and I slowly fell in love with theses two.
I really don't think their could have been a better match for either of them.
Just like Laney I had written Whitley off and miss judged her character. Looks can be very deceiving and in the case of Whitley Thompson this could not be more true.
She has a wonderful caring genuine heart, she is very selfless, dedicated and loyal to her friends. She might be sweet but she can be a little fire cracker. Which matches Evan perfectly because he is used to his women being touch as old boots.
Evan is such a big sweetheart, I just want to give him a squeeze a county boy through and through not to mention a massive romantic I just love his attitude and morals he lives by. If more people were like his character the world would be such a better place.
Evan made me LOL so much at one point I taught I might piss myself he is so damn funny, them add Wit to the mix and you have comedic gold.
Evan is a County boy Wit a big city girl (not one of the stuck up kind she is really down to earth and gentle like mother nature). She digs worms and get covered in pigs shit not once complaining about her manicured nails.....again PERFECT MATCH for Evan.
I love the way there relationship developed, they were JUST friends even when Evan started to feel much much more he fought it and gave it time to make sure it was no rebound thing because he did not want to hurt her or himself in the process. Nothing was rushed but you could feel the gradual progress towards the inevitable.
He was honest with her (read quote pic above) about his confused feelings which she accepted with grace and just stayed his ever supportive friend, when she desperately wanted more. I can't get over how delicate, vulnerable and fragile Whit can be sometimes from the first book you have never guessed....trust me she is one great girl.
I was in a constant state if awwwww how sweet are they..... the sweetest I would say, such a beautiful solid relationship.
"Thank you, Evan, for choosing me and giving me everything I ever wanted."~Whit
Whitney's family are not very nice but Evan's welcomes her with open arms she is no longer lonely and desperate for love she has it in abundance. And Evan is once again Prince Charming with his prefect princess and a spring in his steps.
This books is told from three different POV's Evan (this is mainly his story) but we also have Laney and Dane (yes I just said Dane).
I LOVE Dane from book one I was always Team Dane when it came to Laney so I am happy to say their love only grows and develop. Dane has kept a few things about his past from Laney but they work it out with the help of non other than the man whore himself Swayer. Dane is still loving and protective as hell caveman 101.
I think we finally understand the physiology of Laney and the situation with her mum, it a working progress and Dane is right their to support her.
I know I made this sound very sweet and all nice but this story is not without its ups downs and fighting they don't Laney Slugger for nothing **Wink Wink**
I love the crew (Can I please join) they have such a loyalty to each other their bond an extremely strong one they are all like family always their for each other.
Laney is a fucking MAD WOMEN but I LOVE her I loved her in book one and I love her even more in this one.
"I'm about to remind him what it feels like to be with me. and show him, it doesn't always have to be sweet lovemaking either. I can be his love, delicate and gentle, or anything else he needs, but right now I'm about to go alpha mama all over him."~Laney
See why I love this girl.
(The quote pic below is Dane speaking to Laney. )
All the secondary character's their stories are all developing in the background and bloody hell I just want want want want to know them ALL like NOW especially Swayer I have a little crush on him
This book is YA gold the writing was well done flow on changes all in the right places. Another winner from S.E. Hall
I highly recommend this series but please read in order
EXCERPT
LANEY
Lunch is even more fun- oh, not here, but somewhere, I’m sure. I sit down with Zach and Sawyer, my stomach so in knots I’m not sure I can eat, so I peacefully concede my whole plate over to Sawyer when he’s eaten at least half of my fries rather than slap away his hand like I usually do.
Zach’s mesmerized by his phone, shocker, so I kick him under the table. “Ow,” he leans down and rubs his leg. “What the hell was that for?”
“I don’t know,” I shrug, “tell me something interesting.”
“Avery says hey,” he says, staring at his phone again.
“Oh my God, if that’s the best you’ve got, I’m screwed.”
Sawyer stops inhaling his, make that my food, just long enough to interrupt. “Avery huh? Kirby get on your nerves too?”
Okay, this is a conversation that may actually keep me entertained.
“Kirby’s cool, she doesn’t get on my nerves, but I’m definitely more into Avery,” he smiles shyly.
Yes! I lost $20 on Sawyer, but just won the same with Zach’s confirmation, so I break even!
“Well no wonder Kirby’s gone if you’re getting into Avery more.”
“Sawyer!” I smack the back of his head. “Say nothing Zach, I mean it.” This convo is going seriously downhill fast but actually gets worse when Sawyer speaks again.
“Sig party tomorrow night man, you in? We’re heading over when I get off, bout eleven.”
“Who’s we?” Zach asks.
“Me and Evan,” Sawyer darts one eye at me, shifting a bit in his seat.
“Nah man, ya’ll go. I’m gonna hang with Avery. What are you gonna do Laney?”
“Um, not go to a party with Sawyer and Evan,” I laugh, half-heartedly. “I’ll be doing whatever Dane has planned I’m sure. And Sawyer?” I stare at him until he reluctantly meets my eyes. “I appreciate you taking Evan under your wing, honestly. Just make sure you and I stay close too, alright?” I give him a pleading smile. I’d really miss Sawyer if we grew apart.
About S.E Hall
S.E.Hall resides in Arkansas with her husband of 17 years and 3 beautiful daughters. When not in the stands watching her ladies play softball, she enjoys reading YA and NA romance.














Comments
Post a Comment