BLOG TOUR STOP: REVIEW~ COLLABORATION BY MICHELLE LYNN FEAT. NEVAEH LEE





This is not your typical rock star romance. For one, the “rock star” is a rapper. And not just any rapper. Trace is the hottest ticket in the music industry right now, regardless of which definition of ‘hot’ you choose.


Taryn Starr is not the girl-next-door who unknowingly meets a celebrity. Known as “America’s Sweetheart,” the reigning country music princess and world-renowned superstar knows exactly who Trace is…or does she?


Their worlds collide when the musicians whose paths were never destined to cross are forced by their joint record label to collaborate on a song. The sparks fly and ignite a fire that blazes hotter with every minute they spend together—for better or worse. One thing’s for certain, the two media magnets can’t deny their explosive chemistry, but will life in the spotlight ultimately bring Trace and Taryn together or force them apart?

***This contemporary romance new adult novel is for mature audiences. The language alone would make a sailor blush (the guy’s a rapper, remember?) so 18+ only, please.



Speaking of which, we’d better get the fuck out of this car and into her house before one of those tour buses stop by and the lucky bastards end up with photos worth way more than the chump change they paid for the tour.

I reluctantly pull away from her, loving the sound of the whimper I hear before I throw the door open and slam it shut. I run around the car to help her out and lead her toward one of the few places where we will be safe from prying eyes. We both move quickly, ducking our heads in a now natural response, even when there aren’t any cameras around.

Taryn already has her keys in hand and opens the heavy wooden door. Thank the fuck she has an alarm system at least, which she turns off while I close the door behind us. As soon as the door clicks closed, I turn toward her and I have no doubt that the look in my eyes as they meet hers would be described as predatory. But instead of looking like frightened prey, I only see pure lust emanating from those staggeringly beautiful eyes. I’ve always thought Taryn’s eyes changed color depending on her mood and now I’m sure of it. Right now, they look like they’re on fire, with gold flecks bursting through the wild and intense green, a forest on the verge of erupting in uncontrollable flames.
I stalk closer and she backs up against the foyer wall, where I cage her in, my hands beside each of her shoulders. I lean in, bypassing her lips and moving mine toward her ear. Although her eyes are telling me one thing, I need to hear what her mouth says.
“Do you want me?” I whisper. She leans her head back against the wall, further exposing her neck, and I take the opportunity to trail kisses from her ear down to her collarbone. I kiss across the delicate area, which judging by the sounds she’s making, is also an erogenous zone for her.  Then I proceed to kiss my way back up her neck before whispering in her other ear, “Although I like that answer, I need to hear you say it, sweetheart. Do. You. Want. Me?” I ask, nibbling on her earlobe with each word spoken.
“Yes, dammit, I want you,” she says forcefully and reaches down to pull my shirt apart, ripping the buttons, before tearing it off me. That’s all the answer I need.


I have read a ton of books, but nothing that blew my mind like Collaboration has!



Taryn is a country singer with one devil of a manager. Her mother. She is 'America's Sweetheart', but is there more to this girl under her surface.

Trace is a rapper. He has a crazy past and one that he doesn't want to relive. When some of his craziness now catches us to him he is given one choice: sing a collaboration.

The two together are complete opposites. Can they make it work? Only one way to see.

Collaboration is written from both Taryn, aka  peaches, point of view as well as Tracy's. This book is absolutely mind blowing. Nevaeh and Michelle seriously outdid themselves writing this book. Honestly I feel like I need more of them, even if the ending sealed the book's end. The character are amazing. The circumstances work well. I couldn't ask for more.

Collaboration has cemented itself as a book that will always stay with me  I have designated it as my go to book when I need a pick me up. AMAZING, FUNNY, MIND BLOWING, PERFECT, SWEET AS HONEY, REAL, RELATABLE, WHOLESOME, SEXY, THE WHOLE PACKAGE. Those are a few of the words that come to mind when I think about Collaboration. 
From page one I was hooked I not down to read this but it called to me so I taught I could read a few chapters a week in between the book I was actually scheduled to review. 
How wrong I was, as soon as I started I was captivated and drawn in, totally emerge by these two young individuals from opposite words that collide into possibility neither  previously taught possible. 
Trace is the bad boy of rap with the entourage and bad behaviour to boot. A different women every night, crazy parties and drinking. 
Looks can be very deceiving because Trace is hiding something from the world that could destroy the image he has worked very hard to create.  
People are bot always what they seem. We all wear a mask in one way or another. 
Taryn is a country singing darling and America's sweet heart sweet as a button with a squeeze clean image. 
She is managed by her mum who may I say is a complete bitch and the definition of the "she devil" she doesn't give  a shit about her daughter she is merely her meal ticket. I was complete;y disgusted by the way she treated Taryn. 
"Before I can offer the obligatory congratulations, he leans forward and whispers, "Sorry, darlin" before giving me a wink and immediately turning and walking away towards the stage. Is he rubbing it in? And what's with the southern-style term of endearment?"
At a music awards ceremony when Trace wins the award Taryn desperately wanted  (even thought she went on to win the top award of the night). 
En-route to accepting his award Trace give condolences to the other nominees when he comes upon Taryn, their is just something about her caught his eye. 
Taryn is completely mesmerised by Trace and his physical appearance. She feels an attraction to him but think herself foolish. 
"I feel his overwhelming presence before I see him. With a sigh, I turn away from my mother and find my self staring into  the honest-to God most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. 
And as those mesmerizing azure eyes begin to crinkle at the corners, I snap out of the trance I'm in and realize that staring is exactly what I've been doing. The smirk on his face tells me that he noticed too. DAMN."
The spark between them is fun to see, throughout the night they playfully rile each other up. the sweet little blonde and the bad boy rapper. How interesting. 
Shit happens as it does in live especially when your every move is watched and documented. Trace land himself on the wrong side with his label company the same one that Taryn is signed to. 
To redeem himself the label order a collaboration, which Trace is furious with, after going through possible singers to collaborate with all ore either rejected or unavailable. When one of his team suggest Taryn his manager runs with the idea straight to the bosses who demands the two collaborate. 
"Why the hell would I collaborate with him?"~Taryn 
"Don't worry, darlin', I don,t want to be here any more than you do."~Trace
I like that neither one wanted to do the collaboration they both had pre-conceived ideas about about each other so they started at odds with one another but their musical ability broke the ice between them.
They had that fundamental element that kinds of plays as common ground for them. 
"She sounds like pure honey when she sings, all syrupy so sinfully sweet- I'm pretty sure I could go to hell based solely on the taught s I'm having right now."~Trace  

This is not one of those instant love story you get to see a real friendship build as they got to know the person behind the act, they are both very busy with their music tour but still find time to text and chat whenever they can. 
You are right there with them as this friendship starts to develop into some thing more and beautiful. 
"Every time we talk, or text, I seem to be falling more."~Taryn 

Overall I could not have asked for a better book. The writing was flawless there was the use of slang but it was not over done it was well balanced and sophisticated. I have been a fan of Michelle Lynn's ever since I read her doubt novel, her growth as a writer is evident.
Nevaeh and Michelle together is freaking dynamite they killed it absolutely nailed every word. 
Collaboration alternates between Taryn  and Trace's POV each change is timed perfectly fully allowing me to connect with and understand the characters.
There are a few surprising moments  that had he holding my breath for dear life. 
In a world with pressure left right and centre and their every move scrutinised by the media can these two polar opposites make a relationship work???









Michelle Lynn

Michelle moved around the Midwest most of her life, transferring from school to school before settling down in the outskirts of Chicago ten years ago, where she now resides with her husband and two kids. She developed a love of reading at a young age, which helped lay the foundation for her passion to write. With the encouragement of her family, she finally sat down and wrote one of the many stories that have been floating around in her head. When she isn’t reading or writing, she can be found playing with her kids, talking to her mom on the phone, or hanging out with her family and friends. But after chasing around twin preschoolers all day, she always cherishes her relaxation time after putting the kids to bed.

Nevaeh Lee

Nevaeh’s first exposure to writing began in a middle school creative writing class. She was reprimanded for composing a politically incorrect story and forced to re-write about a “safer” topic. Being the writing rebel that she is, Nevaeh always likes to push the envelope a bit and never re-writes, unless her editor insists on it.

When she’s not writing, Nevaeh is a freelance book editor ;).  And though she spends a good chunk of her time reading, writing, and editing, she can also be found hanging out with her family and taking road trips, exploring the area around wherever she happens to be living at the time. Even though “home” will always be Texas, she has lived in several different states and countries, but currently resides in the DC metro area.









Comments

  1. Wow, these reviews were amazing! Thank you both so much for taking the time to read our "collaboration" and for the words of praise...they mean so much! You ladies seriously rock :) Nevaeh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome doll. You guys blew us away please please tell me their will be another collaboration of yourself and Michele in the future. xx

      Delete
    2. Yes, we're definitely talking about Regina's story, where we can see a little of Trace & Taryn in the background ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

{{ RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVIEW }} UNDONE By Callie Harper

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW ~ALEC By L.A. Casey

BOOK BLITZ - PRIVATE INTERNSHIP BY KITSY CLARE